Internship – Garden Tapestry, Inc
Garden Tapestry is now accepting applications for:
2016 Internships in Horticulture Plantscape Service and Color Gardens
Internships provide students with hands-on experience in interior tropical foliage and exterior color gardening and pruning. This year in our Horticulture Department we will be offering a full-time summer internship up to 12 weeks in length and one part-time position that could be up to 6 months in length.
Horticulture interns are immersed in the wide variety of daily activities that are required to keep a garden growing and attractive, indoors and out – planting, watering, fertilizing, weeding, mulching, pruning, etc. Additionally, our interns work with a mentor on an individualized garden-based project or gardening in a specialized setting.
Below is a brief description of the opportunities for summer 2016:
- Assist in the on-going servicing of our containerized color gardens for private and corporate accounts.
- Learn hands-on techniques for watering, pruning, and plant selection of indoor and outdoor foliage.
- Learn techniques for good Customer Service … Excellent people skills is a must.
- Intern must have his or her own transportation.
- Applications for the summer horticulture internships must be received at Garden Tapestry by March 25th, 2016. All components of the application – letters (or e-mails) of reference, transcript(s), completed application form and resume – must be received by the due date.
- These internships are geared toward students who have successfully completed some basic horticulture and plant ID courses and who are interested in exploring career opportunities in the field of horticulture.
- The application form is available upon request. Please contact us by email for a copy.
- Telephone interviews will be conducted with the top candidates.
Join our great team of plant enthusiasts. We are offering a paid landscape technician summer internship for 12 weeks. This position would learn to plant summer color and maintain foliage plants in the greater Seattle area. If you have a green thumb, a caring attitude, an eye for detail, and are self motivated and industrious, email us. We would like to hear from you. We will train and supply all the tools and equipment needed for the job. You will need a good driving record and transportation. There may also be the opportunity for continuation to a permanent position with the company.